Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Greens Aeration -Postponed One Week

With the unseasonably warm and dry weather we've been experiencing expected to last through this weekend, I decided  we will delay our greens aeration for one more week. Our original plan was to begin yesterday, Oct.11, but with such beautiful weather, as well as our fairway aeration work still in progress, we'll now plan for this work to begin Monday, Oct. 18th.

The weather outlook shows mild and dry conditions (except for perhaps a slight chance of rain tomorrow), all week and continuing through this weekend.. Beginning next Tuesday however, it looks like cool and wet weather settles in for a few days, and thereafter temperatures remaining rather cool. We should be able to get all the greens aerated next Monday prior to the forecast wet weather.

So, the quick take home message from this blog is, take advantage of this wonderful weather, take off work and come on out for another round or two before conditions dramatically change!

As I mentioned previously, we are still in the process of core aerating (and reincorporation tasks) fairways, so you may experience some cores present or processing in progress. After today we will have approx six fairways to complete. All sand topdressed and solid tine aerated areas; fairways (Nos. 3,4,8,11,13,14) and all approaches, are now complete.
 Conventional Core Aeration in progress On #17 Fwy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

***If you are a first time visitor to this blog and would like to view our Welcome Message, which includes the 2008 Year in Review slide show, click HERE.